I dont understand what faith means. I asked my pop and he said it means you...

CrackedPepper

Jun 22, 2008
...just have to believe in God? But then I remember in science class my teacher Mr Dennett said that faith is just like giving up and believing cos you are scared of being alone. And that a scientist must always ask questions and never believe in weerd spooky stuff like ghosts and goblins and gods and devils. Cos that's called the scientific method.

I really like that method cos it works. Cos like one time I used it to find out if there was such a thing as tooth fairies and there wasn't cos it was just mom who put money under my pillow (I hid under the bed! lol!) I want to be a scientists when I grow up but sometimes I'm still scared of ghosts and of God cos he might make me go to hell for using the science method instead of the faith method. Why is evrything so confuzing?

It's up to you what you believe. Some people believe in Science, some people believe in Religion. There are a few who believe in both.

You do not need to be afraid of God. If you choose the religious path, he will forgive you (apparently).

If you choose science, then it doesn't matter what "God" thinks because in your mind, he doesn't exist. Things will get clearer as you grow up.

Back