Should I write a letter for my Nephew to help him out for his sex offender trial?

Gift

May 31, 2010
Ok here is the story... My Nephew who is very nice guy, he has a great family value, he loves his little sister dearly and he respects women and there is no doubt about that because I know this for sure. He is happily married with his lovely wife. But some bad incident happened couple years ago... Just like any regular guy he also decided to go to adult chat room. and started chatting with some girl in the other side....after chatting for a while...other girl said that she was 17 and even after that he did not stop chatting because he did not believe that she was under age...but unfortunately...other side was not under age girl....they happen to be a Police. And in few minutes after they showed up at his house and asked about it and he immediately accepted what he did and apologized. But they did not care and put him in sex offender list.... Ever since he is fighting for his name to come off the list.

I am his Aunty currently serving in US Army and have served in OIF. He asked me to write a letter to court saying something good about him and his characteristic. I have no idea what to write and what should I say. I love him very much and I trust him. What can I do to help him? Do you think me being in the Army and my letter will help him a little in his case?

Back