Night Note: Even Ultraman Gets Nervous

G

gamer

SANY0239.JPG

To: Crecente
Subject: Hero
So, Mini Bash of late has REALLY been into Ultraman. He only rents Ultraman videos, only plays with Ultraman toys and talks about Ultraman. Sure, I prefer Kamen Rider — the rides a motorcycle and wears a scarf. How cool is that? But I've been happily watching Ultraman — my son's interested and adoration for Ultraman is infectious, and the monsters in Ultraman are better, really. During the past weekend, we took him to the official Tsuburaya Productions store. Tsuburaya Productions created Ultraman, of course.
At the store, everyday, a dude in an Ultraman costume comes out and meets with the kids. Mini Bash's favorite is Ultraman Mebius. There are a gazillion different types of Ultraman Mebius, which are almost all the same. They sure look the same! In short, it prepares them for a gazillion different Final Fantasy games when they get older. So, we lined up and waited. Mini Bash was sick of waiting in line, and then BAM Ultraman Mebius made his appearance.
Sure, it was just some dude in a suit, but it's always some dude in a suit. And what a suit! These weren't cruddy tights, but an actual Mebius costume. With glowing eyes and a glowing Color Timer! For all intents and purposes, it WAS Ultraman Mebius. No wonder Mini Bash froze. Backed up three steps and grabbed my jeans.
When it was his turn, he walked up to Ultraman Mebius, shook his hand and said something. They then poised for pictures together. We asked Mini Bash what he said to Ultraman, and he answered "hello". What did Ultraman say in reply? "Nothing," Mini Bash said. Why? "He was too nervous," the 3 year-old replied.
What you missed during the weekend:

</img>

More...

Back