Republicans whine about 'government debt'. Where were they during Bush's $2

jesusq

Jul 24, 2008
trillion wartime tax cuts? WASHINGTON - Republican leaders are calling President Barack Obama's handling of the economy irresponsible and wrongheaded, saying it will increase taxes and government debt.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29374285/

The problem is, historically tax cuts ALWAYS increase revenues into the federal government. So I guess they figured it would do the same. The problem is, we cannot redo the past years and see what would have happened without the tax cuts. Perhaps it would have been ten times worse. We just don't know. We have to rely on what history has taught us and make educated guesses - or we are doomed to repeat the failures.

I also have to agree with one answerer above. With tax cuts, you also have to cut spending. The republicans did not do this. They spent like liberals. Because of this, in 2006, we voted enough of them out of office to hand over control to the democrats.

So now we've have two years of democrat control. I personally do not think the economy has gotten better in the past two years, rather I think it has completely tanked.

It's past time to whine about Former President Bush, this is Obamas presidency, his war, his economy, his media and his followers....hope and change you can believe in...remember?

Back