why do Americans rather believe in conspiracy theories than the truth ?

g5z6b1

Aug 6, 2008
I'm American.

I believe Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK and acted alone

I believe Marilyn Monroe's death was suicide

I believe Sirhan Sirhan shot Bobby Kennedy and he acted alone

I believe James Earl Ray shot Martin Luther King. But I'm not sure if he acted alone. Ray was the triggerman. No question about it. But was he working for someone ?

I don't believe 9/11 and Pearl Harbor were inside jobs .

I believe Princess Diana's death was a accident.

I don't believe in Aliens and UFO's. Area 51 is a place where secret army planes and weapons are tested.

Americans believe in conspiracies because of a conspiracy by the entertainment industrial complex to make billions of dollars off of TV shows, movies, books, etc. They produce propaganda to make the US believe so that we buy more of their stuff.

idk. i'm with you, i believe in facts. us americans like to focus on things that are more interesting. we over exaggerate. its a way of life, americans have high expectations and imaginations.

Some of these conspiracy theories are truth. I mean, there are certain things I think are a little crazy. Like 9/11 being an inside job for example. But you should question things. Don't believe everything that you are told- including these so call truths and the conspiracy theories.

You can believe whatever you want to believe just as other people can believe what they believe. As for your list, Oswald could not have acted alone since JFK was shot from the front and the back almost simultaneously; Bobby was shot inches from his head and at no time did Sirhan Sirhan get within several feet, ergo, the shot was not form him; Marilyn Monroe knew a lot of person and very private info on both Kennedys and was done away with because she was viewed as a loose cannon and a threat, she called the White House constantly looking for Bobby and her house was "cleaned" meaning, all evidence removed before anyone else was called. Diana was killed because the British monarchy could not have an Arab in the family esp the mother of the next king and Area 51 does have a lot of unanswered questions...

People are ignorant. With all that you know that. Hell yeah man! I'm asking the same thing. Poor uneducated idiots believe in that conspiracy crap.

Because people need conspiracy's so that their psyche can make sense of the insensible...PS..I am with you on the James Earl Ray thing..he was the trigger man but someone else was pulling the strings.

some of what you said is true others not so true for instance:

for the lee harvard JFK thing they have tapes where the mob is saying things like "yah were going to get some nut to take the fall"

be more open-minded!

If you want to believe blindly in what the media tells you, that's fine.

Back