can I use Dawn dish soap on my Shih-Tzu?

lmbrdnky

Oct 9, 2010
I have 2 10 wk old boys from the same litter and they have fleas. Also they have worms, even after the vet dewormed them at 6 wks. Thanks for any help.
I have puppies that have fleas, and the ASCPA sayes that is all they use.

I believe if they can use Dawn dish soap on the birds and other wildlife that were victims of oil spills, it is perfectly logical that it could be used on your pet...Just be sure to rinse the pup well and do treat the fleas and worms again. It might pay to repeat the bathing regularly until you are positive they have gotten rid of the fleas and treat your home as well...

Yes you can.
It is a little none fact that all pet groomers if they will admit it on not keep a bottle of it on hand for extra greasy dogs and cats. It is also used on birds

NO! that is just cruel this will seriously irritate there skin and cause further problems and make the skin dry and flake.

you have to use dog shampoo, for flea a medicated shampoo. using dish soap or human shampoo could wreck their coats (fur). It won't grow the same. Just talk to your vet he can tell you.

dogs need more than just one treatment of dewormer. If they were not treated for fleas they will continue to get worms. You should ask your vet for Revolution, its amazing. Worms attach themselves to the intestine and they take the nutrition from the food before the puppy gets it and the fleas will suck out your pups blood. This is serious. If you dont have money to see the vet then honestly you have no business having 2 puppies.

Back