At how many mph is it considered to be jogging, running, or sprinting?

Csul86

Mar 28, 2009
i think it depends on the person...

running is pretty much moving so fast that only one leg touches the ground at a time

jogging would be a slower version of running

sprinting is just running as fast as you can, as if there were a hippopatomus chasing you with an indian on its back shooting fiery arrows while chanting his war scream in japansese

(but for example) a grown up's running speed might be the sprint of a young child....

I've been doing low intensity interval training at 4.8 mph and then 2.5 mph. 2.5 is a slow walk, but is 4.8 running or jogging?

running is pretty much moving so fast that only one leg touches the ground at a time

sprinting is just running as fast as you can, as if there were a hippopatomus chasing you with an indian on its back shooting fiery arrows while chanting his war scream in japansese

(but for example) a grown up's running speed might be the sprint of a young child....

Back