is it more likely that these symptoms are due to my thyroid or just me being me lol?

indianaJones

May 23, 2008
ok so in 2007 i had hyperthyroiditis and was treated and was fine for quite a while. then last august i found out i have hypothyroidism and i've been on synthroid since november. my levels were checked in december and were back in the normal range and i was told to come back in june to check my levels again (i'm going for the blood work wed and to the dr next tues).
i was really trying to loose weight and get healthy from the beginning of february to the beginning of april so for 2 months solid. i ate much better, didn't drink pop, drank lots of water, exercised for 30 mintues a day on the tredmill and i lost absolutely nothing. not a single pound. i was gonna continue but one day i got the tredmill and i literally couldn't go more than 5 minutes so i decided screw it i'm not doing this anymore and i have not gained a single pound since i stopped all exercise and better eating.
now to what i'm dealing with now. as of that day i've been exhausted, break out in a sweat by just bending over to pick something up of the floor, feel lightheaded sometimes, breath harder after just walking up stairs and even when i'm just laying down, have a somewhat fast heart beat at rest when i check my bp my pulse is about 80-100 but i feel like its much higher than that when laying in bed at night but i'm not going to get up and go down stairs to get an accurate reading cuz i'm sure it would be out of whack from getting up quickly. i'm also thirsty all the time, i feel very moody (i'm not moody to other people but it hits me when i'm alone and something doesn't go my way like i drop something or i'm running late, and i feel anxious for no real reason and shake my leg. and the most recent thing has been my lower stomach hurts on and off and i have frequent bowel movements.
i know that pretty much everything leads one to believe its that my thyorid levels are off and i should probably cut down on the synthroid dosage BUT the one thing i don't understand is that when i had hyperthyroiditis i was exercising but i was loosing an insane amount of weight for the amount of exercise i was actually doing and that was one of my main symptoms and thats not happening right now.
so what do you think?
jamie: this is not stress related. i'm not stressed out. well actually i have been since all these symptoms showed up but stress is not what started these symptoms.
i'm not having panic attacks cuz i'm not sressed. its when i walk up stairs or go from a standing to laying position that i breath harder. and since i'm not stressed thats not why my heart rate is higher.
and i'm getting plenty of sleep. too much infact cuz i'm always so tired that i take a nap during the day.

Back