Was my cellphone screen badly damaged by liquid?

Richard

May 19, 2008
The screen of my Nokia E6-00 appears to have been in touch with a damp surface ( the pH of the liquid was probably slightly lower than that of water) for some hours yet it still works perfectly, in fact, I only noticed the whole thing whilst transferring some data from the phone to my computer. The problem is the screen which remains stained; it looks as if there's liquid behind the screen.

Could this cause harm to the phone later despite it working now?

I've removed the battery and placed the phone into a container full of rice, as is usually the thing advised when trying to salvage water damaged gadgets, however, I am not quite sure whether that is very helpful in this case. This particular Nokia model seems difficult to take apart, which is something I would not dare to do anyway.

Is there anything I can do if the rice trick turns out to be ineffective?
Should I just keep using the phone and see what happens?

phones dont ever fully recover from water damage. Screens can be replaced, but u never know how far the moisture went in. If it is just the screen, problem solved; if not, money wasted.
The rice trick works, keep it in there for 24 to 48 hours, but it only works as a temporary fix. As a precaution, i would back up everything important to ur pc or another phone, and keep backing up everytime u add new files, just incase. Because when it finally packs it in, u wont be able to access anything.

Back