Men Only!!! I'm thinking about buying a dependable used SUV, I'm hearing buy a Chevy

AshleeS

Jun 30, 2008
or Toyota? I desperately need a really dependable used SUV maybe a 02 or 03 for my 4 kids and myself, It has to be a full-sized one for the car seats "PLEASE NO MINIVAN NONSENSE!", which is a more reliable make and model. I really don't care about gas mileage we have to fit comfortably!. At the moment i'm driving a 05 Chrysler pacifica and I despise it I'm always breaking down with the kids, its also very small we can't all fit comfortably.
Sorry ladies I need reliable not soccer mom cute!!!!
Sorry Ladies I need reliable, not soccer mom cute thats why im in this fix now.

I would go with either a Toyota Sequoia, or a Nissan Armada. Both are huge, and have third row seating. If you want to go American, the Chevy Suburban/GMC Yukon would be a good choice.

Since your definitely looking for a full-size SUV, In my opinion I don't think you can go wrong with an '03-'06 Ford Expedition. While Chevy does have a 10 year, 100,000 mile drive train warranty, it's only available on their new-er vehicles say '07 and up. And in my experience, they have NOT treated their returning customers as well as Ford does. The 4.6 and 5.4 Liter engines that come with the the Expedition have been around since 1991, and are still being used in Ford's Mustangs, F150's, Explorers, and Expeditions today. Ford has had time (almost 20 years) to refine and have worked out most if not all of the quirks that the engines were having over the years, and by looking around, you'll see that they're are PLENTY still on the road. Not to mention if anything does break, parts for these vehicles are plentiful, and since it's a previous generation the parts will be cheap.

Chevy has deviated away from their Hero engine, the 5.7 Liter, and is trying out all these new flex fuel and eco capable engines that have done nothing but plagued the company in the recent years. Toyota makes a good truck, but repairs will eventually start racking up on you and will eventually drive you nuts. Not to mention the recall after recall they are having makes me nervous to even ride shotgun in one... Hope this helps!

If you want a dependable SUV get anything from japan or china like a toyota or honda or lexus. Don't get anything american or anything from germany like a bmw or audi because there not as reliable as anything from china or japan. Go to google and search up most reliable car makers and all the top company's are from japan.

Toyota honda acura lexus mitsubishi nissan subaru Isuzu

If i was you i would get a lexus LX. Very nice suv and very reliable.

Back