NEED HELP. What 7 passenger minivan/suv is most dependable/reliable?

jkmlb

Oct 3, 2008
Im looking to buy a used minivan/suv. It has to be able to seat at least 6 passengers comfortably. Im looking for one under $8,000. The only other thing I need is reliability or dependability. I have seen alot of reviews on Emunds, msn auto, JD power. I keep seeing mixed reviews. Can some please give me some suggestions. All I care about is how reliable it is. I dont care about the features or safety. I just need to know which one is the most dependable. I have looked at Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, Kia Sedona, Mazda MPV & Dodge Caravan. Thanks.

i dont know your location but i am in australia.....i have just purchased a 7 seater vehicle.it is a 94 pajero it is diesel intercooled turbo 4x4.we paid $4000 for it and could not be any happier.

If the year is no object, then go for a Honda Odyssey - you may not find a really "new" one for that price range but they are reliable. My voyager (caravan) lasted us 7 years and went over 100k miles before giving us any trouble - don't count them out entirely. You can get a fairly newer one for that price range.

i'm doing the same research myelf. but i was able find out through consumer reports that the toyota sienna and the honda odssey are the best minivans out on the market today regarding reliability. good luck!

Back