Men Only!!! Who makes the longest lasting SUV, fuel efficiency is not a requirement.?

AshleeS

Jun 30, 2008
I need to buy a SUV and I want a really reliable one, gas is secondary what make should I consider, I plan to buy soon but I don't want a lemon. I have a 05 Chrysler and I hate the day I looked at it.
I plan to buy used but no later than a 03 model.

Well I would recommend not buying a Chrysler first of all.

As for looking for the longest lasting that is a very difficult question ot answer since there are a lot of variables. Are you looking for new or used? How are you going to be using the vehicle? Is the model your considering a major upgrade to prior years or is it tried and true. I would suggest going to edmunds.com and looking at the type of vehicle you want to purchase. It's a great site and you can look at reviews and reports for every model your considering from industry pros that have tested the vehicle and from owners that can give first hand impressions. Also on that site they can tell you tips and tricks to purchasing a vehicle for the best price and will give you a true market value number of what others are paying for the vehicle so you can walk into the dealer prepared with knowledge and won't get bent over the barrel in your purchase. Again that is www.edmunds.com, good luck in your search

ford excursion or bronco i have had 3 bronco and 1 excursion all had well over 200k when sold and im a hard driver

Anything GM with an LS engine is going to last a long time at least the powertrain (engine). Drivetrain...depends on how you drive it.

LS2: SAAB 9-7X Aero, Trailblazer SS

I'm not sure on the L92s (escalade, tahoe, etc.)...it's basically the same design as the LS v8s but it has variable timing which could be bad for longevity in a pushrod. I would stick with these two.

Anything GM with an LS engine is going to last a long time at least the powertrain (engine). Drivetrain...depends on how you drive it.

LS2: SAAB 9-7X Aero, Trailblazer SS

I'm not sure on the L92s (escalade, tahoe, etc.)...it's basically the same design as the LS v8s but it has variable timing which could be bad for longevity in a pushrod. I would stick with these two.

For reliability, I would go with either Honda, Toyota, Lexus, or Nissan.

Nissan X-Terra
Toyota 4Runner
Honda Pilot
Honda Element
Nissan Pathfinder
Nissan Armada

You could pretty much go with any Asian brand SUV if you are going for reliability.

Back