I just bought a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. What can I do to improve gas mileage?

Pooka

Jun 15, 2008
Also, what is the cheapest insurance that I could go thru? I'm currently paying $500/mo for full coverage thru Geico and it's draining me!!!
Okay, I guess I should have been more clear as to what I meant on "how to improve gas mileage"...
Basically, I was wondering what I can buy to put into or onto my truck, such as: cold air intake, free flow exhaust system, bed cover, etc... I was wondering if there is anything in addition to the aforementioned that could improve my truck's performance.
I can't sell it and buy a car, smart one, I live where there's lots of snow. Only dumbasses drive cars here. Smart people drive big trucks with big motors, a 6-8" lift, and big tires. You know, so you don't get stuck. We had a blizzard in may this year!! We lost power for a whole week!!

The #1 thing you can do to save gas is to drive easier. Try to avoid fast acceleration and higher speeds (over 65-70).

Also, the first thing I would do is get cheaper insurance... saving $60 a month in gas doesn't seem very important to me if you're spending $500/mo in insurance. Look around and get quotes.. and check your coverages to see how much you can save by increasing deductibles and dropping optional coverages.

Back