Doesn't it annoy you when Christians put quotes from the bible to answer a question?

SuperNugget3000

Sep 15, 2010
Aren't they being super lazy?
Not understanding what even it means themselves?
Are they true Christians? or are they the poser type, who don't really know if there's a god, but is praying to it any way "just incase"?

actually its not being lazy sometimes bible verses are exactly what you were thinking and true christian are supposed to spread God's word AT ALL TIMES no matter what

I guess I should be mad at researchers who quote documents to support their perspective, too.

I really don't understand your complaint. To a Christian, this is the word of God. If I could quote the Word of God, I'd be doing that too.

I'm an Atheist though.

Not really, I like to see what from that crazy book makes them think what they think. I do hate those people answer questions with 15 paragraphs full of copy/paste bible quotes. That is overdone.

No, it doesn't annoy me.

Jesus answered many questions, especially the question posed by satan, by quoting scripture. It's only fitting that we should do the same.

The prophet King David wrote, "... I will answer my reprover a word; for I trust in your word." Psalm 119:42 (New International Version)

I'm praying for you.

yes becuase just about any quote from the bible new testament. Can earily be contradicted by a quote from the Old testament

I put quotes from the Bible in because I use the Bible to back up my thoughts. If you don't like it, sorry, but the Bible is my reference book for everything.

No, it annoys me that atheist believe that there was a big explosion, and some idiot named darwin said hey? maybe ill have unprotected sex with a monkey, and after he did he was like woooow, does it even better then my wife?? wait a second i got something here... if monkeys pick their nose and give me good orgies, then... then.... were made out of monkeys!!! hell yeh wait till the world hears about this.

Day Later: Honey im going to the zoo.
Wife; Why?
Darwin; idk
Wife: why the hell u bringing a condom with you?
Darwin: Why are you adopted?
wife; What are you talking about, stop being so hard on me.
Darwin; thats what she said.

That's when you truly realize that they have absolutely no argument other than their edited and self contradicting collection of two thousand year old, superstitious babble.

They use a bible quote to answer a question. The quote itself is usually just so much inane ranting.

Their persistence in using circular logic to defend their points allows them to avoid ever having to actually argue a point with anything resembling substance.

It's true, it's in the bible, the bible says it's true, because it's in the bible, so it's true, because the bible says it's true, because it's in the bible, so it's true....

I love Bible scripture :)

The Holy Spirit stirs scripture in my heart. It confirms Gods Truth to me.

The Holy Spirit brings to mind the Word of God. And the Word of God is the GOOD SEED.

God just makes it easier for us by bringing scripture to mind.

Christians write scripture because they understand what it means. God gives understanding when God brings to mind the scripture.

True Christians write scripture and plant the GOOD SEED when they can. Hypocrites will quote Scripture out of context.

I am sure some are hypocrites that post scripture, and do it just in case, or are seeking Truth...

So why do you think all Christians quote scripture with an alterior motive?

No, we Christians go to the Bible for God's answers. That's what we use for spiritual direction. So when we hand you a verse, it's basically telling you what we believe and the place that proves that our argument from the Christian side of things is valid. And obviously we'd understand it if we gave it to you to answer your question. So I think your question doesn't make much sense...

About as much as having non-believers ask the same questions over and over and over again.

Like so?

God is satisfied with his works Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works. Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples 2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness 1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
4. God is seen and heard Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests Is 40:28