Does anyone else react negatively to the new customer greeting policy at Subway

Graybeard

Jul 7, 2008
restaurants? I've eaten at Subway restaurants for many years, and I like them. Recently, I was startled to note that whenever a customer enters the store, the staff shouts WELCOME TO SUBWAY! It was somewhat distracting during a couple of visits at odd times of the day, but today I ate my lunch at one of the restaurants around noon, and every few seconds there was another chorus of greetings. I wouldn't mind someone saying that when I placed my order, but it struck me as being decidedly insincere and annoying.
Thanks... I hadn't considered that it might be local. I've encountered it in four Subways in the Phoenix, AZ area.
Sam Sam and Jethro: I don't mind politeness, but having six people shouting the same thing every few seconds ten feet from my table was disconcerting.

It might only be happening at that outlet. It's not happening at the one's that I've gone to in my location.

OH MY GOD, THEY WERE TRYING TO BE NICE - THEY SHOULD BE SHOT!!

We really need to stamp out this politeness fad, while it is new - and before anyone else gets the crazy idea of trying to be pleasant to others.

Oh my dear Lord, what is this world coming to?

Back