Do PDA's from homosexuals make you feel uncomfortable?

GingerLass

May 6, 2012
I'M NOT a homophobe!

Just curious :)
Woah, I simply did not put about heterosexuals because I know from chatting to my friends alone that opinions are 50/50 on that.

I 'singled out' homosexuals, as I was curious to see how public opinion could be different towards a PDA with people of the same-sex. And I was asking for opinions of other people to see the diverse answers. Personally I am nonjudgmental, but I think PDA's from ANYONE can be a bit awks.

An interesting question. Every once in a while someone on Y!A will ask if Gay Pride Parades are still needed either because gay marriage is now legal (OK, in Canada if not in the US or UK) or because the parades are often quite gross.

For a while, I thought, yeah, we're past that now, we don't need GPP. But the fact that in many cases, even in a 'gay village' in liberal cities like Toronto, a gay public display of affection can get you taunted, beaten up or even killed, convinced me that we do need GPP until the day when absolutely nobody notices or gives a second look to any gay PDA.

So until people are not uncomfortable with GAY PERSONAL DISPLAYS OF AFFECTION WE NEED GAY PRIDE DAYS AND PARADES.

Kinda indirect answer to your question but now you can see where I'm coming from.

depends. holding hands and hugging is all fine, but kissing... nobody should do that in public. that's vulgar and impolite.

althouh I haven't seen a single gay couple do that, only straight couples.

if you're not a homophobe, why did you only refer to homosexuals in this question? please, get over yourself. don't look if you don't like it. maybe i don't wanna see you macking all over your boyfriend either.

PDA in general makes me feel uncomfortable, unless theyre just being all cute. But if theyre making out or all up on each other, straight couple or gay couple, it makes me feel pretty uncomfortable. I cant even count how many times id see couples in walmarts or other places chewing off each others faces and had to just move.

Well it depends on how much PDA your talking about. Just holding hands, small kisses and things are fine for homosexuals and heterosexuals.

However, nobody should be making out in public or more then that in public. I don't care if they are gay/Straight/lesbian/bisexual I don't want to see them getting busy in public. I should be able to take my children into walmart without having to cover their eyes.

Also, you sound like a homophobe to me because you didn't even consider asking how people feel about heterosexual PDA. It shouldn't matter if they are LGBT or straight same standards should apply.

Back