What kind of meals or snacks should I eat if i want to be eating healthy?

AngeC

Feb 16, 2009
anything natarual ...fruits vegies... meats from the meat counter or a butcher not packaged... for snacks eat nuts..seeds.especially sunflower seeds..they have sumthing in them that makes u feel full... even the flavored ones are good for u just drink lots of water to flush all the salt out so the salt doesn't mkae u gain water weght

Are there any types of recipes or snacks i should try if i want to be eating healthy? (i don't mean lean cuisines or the south beach diet, those are really gross. I just mean like any recipes that are low in fat and higher in fiber, or sumthin like that. Understand what i'm asking?)

Read Labels.
If its got a bunch of things you cant pronounce, its not good for you.
Its hard to find snacks based on whole foods, where the ingredients dont include chemicals, but look.. Thats whats healthy!

For meals, stick to one serving, and make sure what your eating has one thing from every food group..
Hope i helped =D

Ricecakes and nutrigrain bars are good. My grandama puts peanut butter and jelly on her ricecakes and it's good, and also those Quaker rice cake snacks in caramel flavor are nice. Get those little boxes of raisins, if you like them, as they are a nice pick me up. Lots of fruits and vegetables, just get ones you like and put them into ziplock bags so they're convenient so that you'll actually eat them. Get some yogurt, too, it's good for a healthy snack.

The easiest thing you can do to eat healthy and prepare healthy meals is to cut out most foods that are packaged and contain preservatives. (examples: soups, macaroni, flavored oatmeal) Stick with fresh or frozen fruits and veggies. If you prefer canned veggies get them either no salt added or low sodium. With canned fruits get the ones packaged with their own juice or water not heavy syrup. Limit sodas and sugar drinks (even fruit juice contains tons of sugar). Choose whole wheat breads, pastas, tortillas. Eat the leanest pieces of meat and the size of your fist. Drink 2%, 1% or skim milk instead of whole milk. Brown rice over white rice. Low fat yogurt, pretzels instead of chips. Popcorn also instead of chips. Just eat a cup at a time and put the rest in zip lock bags.
You can do a chicken stir fry with tons of veggies
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE STIR FRY

1 yellow pepper
1 or 2 large carrots, chopped
2 boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
3 cups rice
1 1/2 of Yoshida's gourmet sauce or worcestershire sauce
1 cup onion cut into strips.

Start rice first. Use a rice cooker for best results, following the manufacturer's directions. While the rice is cooking, it is best to do all the chopping and preparation.
When preparation is done, in a large Wok or frying pan, combine the pepper, carrot, chicken, sauce and the onions.

Let this cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't let it cook too long; check your vegetable to see that they are still crunchy. Serve when chicken is done!

Black Bean chili
Ingredients:
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium green bell pepper diced about ¼ inch pieces
1 TBS + 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
6 medium cloves garlic, chopped
2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, drained
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, (do not drain)
2 TBS ground cumin
2 TBS red chili powder
2 TBS dried oregano
1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
salt & black pepper to taste

Directions:

Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium size soup pot. Healthy Sauté onion and bell pepper in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic, cumin, red chili powder and continue to sauté for another minute.
Add 1 ½ cups broth and rest of ingredients, except cilantro and corn. Simmer for another 20 minutes uncovered. Add corn and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chopped cilantro and season with salt & pepper to taste.
Serves 4

Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes

Romaine & Avocado Salad
Ingredients:
1 large head romaine lettuce, outside leaves discarded
1 large tomato chopped
1 small red bell pepper cut in thin julienne, 1 inch long
1/2 small avocado cut into chunks
*Optional: 2 TBS coarsely chopped walnuts
Dressing
2 TBS lemon juice
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
extra virgin olive oil to taste
Salt and cracked black pepper to taste

Directions:

Remove outer leaves of lettuce heads and discard. Cut off tops of leaves and discard. Tops are bitter. Chop remaining inner leaves. Rinse in cold water, and if you have a salad spinner, spin lettuce to dry. If you don't have one, remove as much water as possible in a colander and then dry with paper towels. This will keep the flavor of the salad from getting diluted.
Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and toss with salad greens. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts if desired.
Serves 4

lots of veges!!! And fruit. It's sooo simple. Just incorporate these into your diet.

Cut out fatty foods like butter, replace with olive oil. Not so much fatty cheese.

You know the food triangle!!! Stick to that!!! It's so easy =)

I like eating lots of kumara and oats they make me feel full. And good quality bread.

do not drink pop and always eat meat and vegetables and fruits . look for snacks with out a lot of fat and sugar.

Back