what to do when non custodial parent won't sign consent to travel letter?

KarenP

Apr 3, 2008
My husband, who is Canadian, and I want to travel to his home in Nova Scotia with my daughter from my previous marriage. We have traveled here before and her father always signed the paper. Now he is refusing to, even though it is upsetting to our daughter. What can I do? Is there anything legally I can do about this?

if your daughter is old enough she should confront the ex. its her its affecting the most and unless he has a vaild reason maybe that wil make him realize hes being a jerk

Talk to your lawyer again.

However if this is the arrangement you'll have to abide by it.

If he is refusing, the only option you have is to ask a judge to force him too. Being that he has approved of it before, the judge will probably allow it. That doesn't look good for Dad.

Does dad say why? I assume just to be an ass. You will have to bring him to court to get this in papers so that he can't hold this control over you anymore.

Non-Custodial Father won't sign consent letter

I have a similar situation that I hope someone can help me out with.
I have sole custody of our 8 year old daughter. I am planning to visit Houston Texas in a couple of weeks. I have travelled several times with my daughter without obtaining a consent letter from my ex. I find that U.S. customs have been asking for a consent letter the last couple of times and don't want to take the chance of being turned away. I asked my ex to sign the consent form but he is just trying to difficult and refused to sign the letter.

When custody was settled two years ago, the final court order stated "Each party shall consent for the other to travel alone with the said child for the purpose of vacation such consent shall not be unreasonably withheld”...

Do I still need a consent letter then?

Thanks,

Back