Do I have to travel to facilitate contact between my daughter and her father?

Craig

May 19, 2008
Can I be ordered by a court to share travel arrangements with my daughters father. I want him to do all traveling as he can claim back his travel expenses throught the CSA whereas I cannot. We live 200 miles apart as my husband is in the army and I chose to move with my husband.

Her father has contact every other weekend. I am not stopping contact I just want him to do all the travelling. After doing all the travelling for the last 2 years and spending thousands in petrol I feel its about time he makes an effort to see his daughter, it will work out that i don't get any child maintenance due to him claiming his petrol expenses back but money is not an issue to me.

Does he have to do all the travelling or can i be made through a court to make half the trips?

The court can decide, and generally, they prefer to make things fair. If he is a good father to your child, you should be willing to make an effort...whether it is meeting halfway or arranging it where one week he travels, the next week you do.

i don't get any child maintenance due to him claiming his petrol expenses back but money is not an issue to me. < If you don't get child support and use that your a fool. The court will make him pay child support regular ESPECIALLY since he's in the service. what a foolish idea this is. The child deserves the money. He helped produce this child. He has the responsibility to pay for room and board and school expenses....not your current husband. The father needs to. So denying him the route of paying is dumb. Period. Get a lawyer to start up the support process on this now.

As for him paying the way to see the child yes ...he must do it 100% not you meeting him or making it easier because his visitation is HIS time meaning he must make it to seeing the child ON HIS DIME. Not yours. My husband is a lawyer and I do know this for a fact. Get the support started up or your really hurting your household income by not doing it.

The child needs money and Dad needs to pay not you or Step Dad. Got it?

Where are you? I'm in the UK and I moved my Son 200 miles from his Dad and I travel half way per court order.

You sound extremely selfish and it's shame that courts always side with the mother because you sound like you don't deserve to have your daughter.

Back