If we evolved from bacteria then why are the sewers not riddled with poo monsters?

HogWarsh

Sep 10, 2013
I mean poo has been accumulating for millions of years. Many evolutionists believe we evolved from bacteria that was in the water of comets when they hit the earth. Bacteria in water is coliform, which is microscopic bacterial poop particles from other organisms that poo. In this case, from a scientific standpoint, wouldn't there have to be aliens somewhere pooing on giant water filled rocks and projecting them at the earth for all of this to have taken place?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coliform_bacteria
@alwbsok: I did not suggest poo had been around millions of years in sewers. I indicated that it had been around fer millions of years. Even so, not all poo gets flushed out of a sewer. Sometimes, you might have a clinger. The clinger becomes impervious to flushing upon hardening. So it could be a possibility, whether sewers had been around fer millions of years or not. Your statement is a logical felaciosy.

Your understanding of biology is really quite impressive, thanks for your observations.

Not a scientist, but I would guess it's a combination of two factors:

1) The sewers have not been around for millions of years, and poo (with associated bacteria) has not been accumulating there for nearly long enough, and more importantly:
2) The sewers are being constantly flushed through with water, preventing the bacteria from better adapting to their environment.

"Your statement is a logical felaciosy."

I don't think you know what that word means. Actually, I don't know what that word means. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone knows what that word means.

Hahaha!

....oh, you're serious.
Umm...I didn't expect that. Ummm....

*calls 911 and asks for a straightjacket*

mayhap the chlorine some what deters evolution.....they do tend to treat waste......unless of course they have one of those "accidents" where it dumps right into the river.....and who the hell knows what manner of 3 eyed fish or poo man is living in the Red River......

I understand that US rivers are so full of other chemicals they can burn, so that does not seem conducive to life to me.

Back