Citroen Xsara, how much to offer Citroen dealer for a 2008 model?

DavidC

May 11, 2008
Hi

I am about to buy either a Citroen Xsara Picasso 2008 or 2009 model or a Citroen C4 Picasso, the prices a re listed on www.autotrader.co.uk by main dealers but I was wondering are these prices absolute or do the dealers expect you to knock them down on the price?

If they do then what is a fair price to offer them? the Diesel models I am interested in are priced between 9000 and 10,500 Pounds for a low mileage model 1-2 yrs old.

10 points best answer or links
Our current car we are going to sell on Gumtree as a private sale as dealers don'y pay enough for a 2004 Toyota corolla, so we are buying the Citroen for Cash

If you're paying with pound notes (not credit) then aim for 10% off.

If they won't talk to you, walk away - trust me, they NEED to sell cars and there's always another one just down the road!

A fair price will make no difference.
They will have a certain ampount of room to negotiate from nothing to who knows what. Only they know how much they paid for the car and what the minimum is they will take for it to cover future costs and to make a profit.
Simply offer what you are prepared to pay. Many main dealers now do not haggle on price at all.
Cash is not king in this as it costs them time hassle and money to bank it - they are far more likely to be happier with a debit card (not a credit card) as it is cheaper and more efficient

Back