Why do haters of faith come in here to rant and mock the faithful, and God, if...

TheTwoTowers

Feb 3, 2013
...they don't believe in Him? Is that a sign of their insecurities?

They come in here ranting and raving about christians and their way of life, crying over hell and a God they do not believe in. This does not seem to be logical, or rational. why do they concern with God they don't believe in Him? Is it possible something deep down inside of them (perhaps subconciously) knows the truth: God loves us and can save us from this perishing world?

I hope they tap into that, because it would be kind of a shame to have the enemy of mankind (who wants to see us destroy ourselves), play the final trick on them so that they will never accept the truth.

I personally get on well with just about everyone, religious or not. I put forward my views on religious beliefs and I read those of others. I know that those with deeply held religious beliefs aren't going to change, and it isn't my intention to get them to change. However, it does show that there are other views.

I sometimes explain how I came from being a devout Catholic to realising that faith was based upon nothing but itself, that science explained nature satisfactorily without needing supernatural beings, and that religious beliefs were no different to those of ancient beliefs in gods and goddesses.

I try to answer based on my knowledge of scripture, theology, mythology and religion. And I sometimes try to trace religious beliefs, and Bible stories, back to the earlier myths from which they derive.

I think I do so in a neutral manner most of the time, although I might express an opinion concerning actions of a few religious people or organisations that adversely affect freedom of choice and civil and human rights, such as the infamous Proposition 8 in California.

I wonder if your assertion that people hate faith, rant and mock is based on scripture such as "He that is not with me is against me" (Matthew 12:30 and Luke 11:23). That seems to teach believers that those who don't believe as they do are not neutral but enemies. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Is believing in god a sign of your insecurity to cope with your imminent death? You spew your religion propaganda in public, but atheists can only do theirs on the Internet where they won't be clubbed in the nearest alley for heresy. You say words like logical and rational, but do you even know what those words even mean? Is it logical to believe in a deity that nobody can scientifically prove? Is it rational to be bigoted towards evidence of absence? The only people are religious people because of the low turn-out rates in churches nowadays.

Why do you try and force your "beliefs" into my classrooms when you do not believe in intelligence. Stay out of there and I will stay our of here.

Back