why didn't the administration use the 94 billion set up to rebuild our...

RJ

Jun 16, 2008
...infrastructure? it was part of the cash in the stimulus Bill. I was so excited as the President and Speaker Pelosi both said it would create 400.000 jobs~ it was for the roads, bridges and also schools!!! As Speaker Pelosi said for the children to learn better.

I knew that that cash would hit every small town in the USA and put money in so many local economies. After the bridge collapsed in Minnesota I felt it was time for them to go over every bridge with fine tooth comb and if they needed to be fixed or replaced, hey they had the money. This would save people.

Granted I knew that no one read the bill and Pelosi was sorta exaggerating when she said it Congress didn't immediately pass the bill half a billion Americans wold lose their jobs, but still I figure they were on the level.

If 400,000 got jobs then that would probably stabilize the housing market and unemployment.

But it's so sad the administration admitted two years later that they had only put about 10% of that cash on the streets adn mainly for patch work on roads. How sad, but shouldn't they tell Congress they still got 90% of that money left. Cause right now congress is fighting over $61 billion.

They will be so happy, but it is so sad they never used tat money and as President Obama said during his State of the Union address, America's infrastructure is crumbling and far behind Europe's.

Wonder what it would be like now if they had done what they said, being two years later.

Back