Why can't Atheists and Christians have a civil discussion on here?

JasonW

May 22, 2008
I am an atheist and I have many friends of many different faiths. We can have civil discussions about religion and faith why can't people on here?

To the Christians:

For who knoweth what is good for man in this life, all the days of his vain life which he spendeth as a shadow? for who can tell a man what shall be after him under the sun. Psalms 6:12

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." Matthew 7:1

Love your enemies; do good to those who hate you. Luke 6:27

Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." Romans 14:5

"Be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath." James 1:19

And most of all
"Love thy neighbor as thyself" Livitcus 19:18, Matthew 22:39, Mark 21:31, Luke 10:27, Galatians 5:14, James 2:8.

Among many, many, many others. Jesus's message was to be kind to EVERYONE even the ones you don't agree with.

To the Atheists

Who cares what they do with their lives? People are free to think how they want. Forcing your beliefs on others makes you no different than any mainstream religion. You are supposed to be free thinking and open minded. Act like it!!

I am done being open-minded to the ignorance that has cost countless lives and held back human progress for 20 centuries. It's time for these people to grow up and stop ruining quality of life for the entire human race. My tolerance has run out, so, no.

Because there are those who come on here to pick a fight with someone of an opposite view because they think it is funny or just to vent.

Back