Why are Jews for Jesus offensive to plain old Jews for normal Judaism?

MarkitZero

Nov 17, 2011
Do Jews for Jesus keep with the Halahic laws?

Be a mensch and give an informed answer...
i meant to type halakhic...i think that's how it's spelled at least.
How is there no answer to this question Luci

1. where does the animosity come from
2. do they keep the commandments

seems like there's pretty solid answers to that.

Because getting pissed at each other over trivial bullshit is how humanity doesn't commit suicide. Also if your going to keep asking questions with no real answers you might as well change your pic to The Riddler.

Why do you think? Because normal Judaism feel Messianic Jews are traitors and liars because they believe Jesus WAS the true Messiah.
As for your other questions, I don't have the answers for that.

Because Jews are supposed to completely understand why Jesus could not possibly be the Jewish Messiah. Keeping the commandments is totally NOT the issue.

What do Christians think of Christians for Allah?

Because they go against religion. Why are people's minds so cloudy? Can't they realise they must worship all the great communists who have inspired the plane?

The reason "plain old" Jews are upset at Jews for Jesus groups is 1: they're trying to convert the Jews to Christianity, 2: Jews for Jesus is not a Jewish movement it is a Christian movement, 3: many of the practices in Jews for Jesus or Messianic Judaism is common for Christianity then Judaism. So, Jews for Jesus would not follow the halakhic laws.

The reason "plain old" Jews are upset at Jews for Jesus groups is 1: they're trying to convert the Jews to Christianity, 2: Jews for Jesus is not a Jewish movement it is a Christian movement, 3: many of the practices in Jews for Jesus or Messianic Judaism is common for Christianity then Judaism. So, Jews for Jesus would not follow the halakhic laws.

Jews for Jesus are basically Christians. Although I dare say that most of them would call themself Messianic. I am Christian but I would think that a Jew for Jesus would know the Old Testament far better than any Jew, and the New Testament far better than any Christian.
It is people like that that have my keen instrest and respect. Sadly maybe many Christians think they are "legalistic".

Back