Slow Internet speed need advice

JulieP

May 20, 2008
My internet has been running extremely slow for about 2 weeks now. I have cable connection. My platform is windows xp. I did a download speed test and it was 630 kbps download and 130 kbps upload. I disabled all my firewalls and nortons to do the test. I have checked my computer with nortons for a virus and also spysweeper and search and destroy for spyware and nothing showed up. I even did these tests in normal windows and safe mode. Still slow connection. I have upgraded all the drivers and erase history and temp files on IE and have more then enough disk space free on my computer. I had the cable company come out and replace all the wiring leading from the modem to the outside cable pole. They even replaced the modem. It worked for a 3 hours and now it is back to being slow again. My computer is only about 14 months old and the only change I did to it was install a new video card into an open PCI-express slot, the old video graphics one was integrated. Not sure if that would have my Internet slow down that much. I did add the drivers for the new video card. If anyone has any idea of what it could be since I have tried everything.

check with you internet provider to make sure that you computer is be provided with there highest speed internet because sometimes you computer doesn't update with it

Back