satan is an angel who is good in judaism but in christianity is like a god?

LIKEAPRAYER

Feb 3, 2013
who is the god of the evil things? I am just wondering if the devil or satan in christianity was taken from judaism and he is considered like a god in christianity, because he has powers like God according to christianity
"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." 2corinthians 4:4

Satan is not good in either of the two. He's the one brings Human's unto temptation. He was an angel in the Old Testament who betrayed God and was damned to hell. He believed he was more powerful than God, or just as powerful. He was basically God's second in command and when he defied God's wishes God punished him. This is the Devil we know today. The Old and New Testaments cover the history and evolution of Satan, as well as the coming of Christ.

Satan has no power in Christianity besides any kind of power we allow him to have over our life.
A popular scripture I like to reference is When satan tempted jesus.

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

If the devil had so called powers like God why didn't he over power jesus at this moment? Its because he have no power. Now if jesus would have gave into any of those attempts to make him sin by satan then satan would have power over him, but its not granted unless we allow it.

Not true.
Satan is not a god, but he IS the father of lies and the source of ALL evil.
He does have some powers but nothing close to God's powers.
WHERE do you get your ideas about these things??

Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." -- John 20:29
http://www.21st-century-christianity.com/images/PrinceofPeace13.jpg

As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
MARANATHA! Come, Lord Jesus, COME!

According to the Bible there is only one God and Satan is not it.
P.S. Christianity is derived from Judaism

Wrong.

He is not "like a god" in any way. Where do you get that idea? He most certainly does NOT have "powers like God". For goodness sake, he can't even stand up to US, much less to God.

Where do you get that idea?!?!

Back