Question follow-up: If God created Marriage before Judaism existed...?

HarrisonCherry1956

Jun 30, 2012
That means the Hebrews (the earliest followers of God) were the first to hear his laws regarding it and it's sacred union. But the Hebrews weren't around until after Mesopotamia. Does that mean Mesopotamia never existed, seeing as there was marriage in Mesopotamia? Or did the Mesopotamians somehow hear God's word on the matter?

We can make two conclusions from this: "The Bible is false, and marriage is man-made" or "Mesopotamia never existed". I'll go with the first one.
Okay. Where in the Bible does it say that the two were married, however? Marriage is different from union.
Also, can someone get married if they had never heard the word of God on the subject? If so, how did the Mesopotamians know about Marriage? The Pre-Christian Chinese dynasties?

Most ministers make comments periodically to make people believe that marriage is a Christian institution but the Bible shows that both Jesus and the Apostle Paul strongly warned their followers to never get married because of its inherent idolatrous nature.

Luke 20:34-36
34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection".

1 Corinthians 7:32-35

32 But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord. 33 But HE WHO IS MARRIED CARES ABOUT THE THINGS OF THE WORLD,how he may please his wife. 34 There is a difference between a wife and a virgin.THE UNMARRIED WOMAN CARES ABOUT THE THINGS OF THE LORD, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world,how she may please her husband. 35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may SERVE THE LORD WITHOUT DISTRACTION.

Back