Is white wine or red wine vinegar vegan?

Tsukin

Aug 24, 2008
I bought an Italian spaghetti sauce that has red wine vinegar listed in the ingredients, and on the front it says "made with white wine". Everything else is vegan, but I don't know about this one ingredient. Anyone know?
Oh and I've also tried searching it on google. couldn't find anything, so that's why I'm asking here.
I'm an idiot? The answer to this question is not as obvious as you would think, because most wines aren't vegan due to the clearing process after fermentation which may use gelatin, casein, or egg derivatives. But since it's not the case for "all" wines, I'm asking about a specific kind for clarification since I could not find anything on it on google.

Wine vinegar is made from grapes. No problem for you to use it.

Cheers.

Lisa

Both red and white wines are made from grapes. Vinegar is the result of the completion of the fermentation process. There is nothing animal nor any meat derivative in it!!!

Cane Sugar based vinegar, or if the wine was made with cane sugar, is questionable, as some southern based cane sugar is purified with bone-char.

There are no animal products in white or red wine, which come from grapes. Therefore, there are no animal products in vinegar. You are okay to eat it.

Back