Is it okay to make my teen daughters wear diapers on long car trips?

A lot of girls still wet their bed and will wear diapers at night, well into their teen years. It's fine if girls stay in diapers in the car.

As a well networked mom, an aunt and clerk at a middle school i can tell it's really not so uncommon that older kids are in diapers or pullups in some situations.

My oldest daughter had these goodnites untill 8 but is now 15 and dry, my son is 12 and still need them at night and so he also wears them for longer trips. I thinks its just their condition and not cuased by "bad" or "lazy" parenting, our youngest child was completly dry at 3.
One of my nieces also still wets day and night and she is 15 like my daughter.
And in school my school i estimate that about 5-10% in 7th grade still have problems to stay dry all the time

I am a 13 year old guy and I hate to travel because my parents make me wear a diaper even for just an hour away by car. Being diaper at night is already a shame at my age, but having to walk around in broad daylight with an airbag on the butt is a real humiliation. Everyone can see that I'm wearing it.
You are absolutely right that your parents should avoid this thing because now you are a young one of thirteen years old and you can tell them when you want to go to the washroom. I think they should really think about it.

My lil brother still gets diapered for longer car trips he is 7 now, i got them untill i was 6 :) But now with 15 i had no accident for years ;)

Not me anymore but one of my friends still has to wear them for longer car trips and to bed. She is fourteen like me.
I know her since we were little.
In her family it was never a problem i think it just runs the family cause her lil brother is also still diapered often.
Since an very unlucky incident about 2 years ago all in our school know and she often gets bullied. i try to protect and help her as good as i can since i am her only friend in school but it's not easy.
Last summer our families went on vacation together and for a long time i have never seen here so happy and carefree, cause nobody knows us there.
So i think diapers are not a bad thing if you have a weak bladder but society can be cruel.
I found this site because this month i wet the bed 2 times already

It's fine for girls. My 9 and 11 year old daughters both wears diapers when we are traveling. Both of them are fine with being diapered and don't mind being changed, as long as other people don't find out.

My oldest daughter is 12 and a heavy bedwetter with a weak bladder, so i still diaper her for longer car rides. Her younger siblings (9y old brother and 6 y old sister) understand it and don't tease her, would they, i would diaper them too.
She has a friend with similar issues, but when i asked her to diaper her too she refuses...and wet my car. So i had no choice to inform her mom to made clear if i ever let her into my car again she has to be diapered.
Now i always ask the parents of my kids friends if they are are accident prone, and if they, they have to wear a diaper in my car.
Do you think thats okay or am i a overracting?

It's not not a matter of age. My 13 year old dd wets the bed and often dribbles in her panties so she often has to wear diapers when we gou out Her younger siter (9) don't have to because she can hold it longer

I would never diaper a teen but i would bring extra clothes and a bedwetting pad for if they have to go and cannot make it plus i would have diapers for me if i had a problem being disabled

My 12 years old son has an overactive bladder and cannot hold for long once he gets the urge to go. For car travels, where some privacy can be kept, he uses an empty bottle. For more public situations, however, we have chosen to use pull-up diapers. He's not happy about it, but recognizes that the diaper is better than the risk of an accident.

I recognize however that, with a daughter, the usage of a bottle could be a bit problematic, so maybe a diaper is better there.

I think there is no need to use a diaper. My lil bro is now 9 years old and he tells us never us diaper for a long trip. So let them grow now......

yes diaper her and change her. kids love the warm poop and pee

I not only make my two teen daughters wear diapers and plastic pants on long trips,They have to wear them under their easter dresses all day on easter sunday and also under their christmas dresses on christmas eve and day!

When my 14 year old daughter went thru her eighth gade catholic confirmation last may,all the girls had to wear a white ankle length dress with a veil,gloves,lace anklets and white mary jane shoes.I did a 10 ply thick cloth diaper on her with white adult size rubberpants over it under her dress since the ceremony was going to be quite long.Upon talking to some of the other moms,they told me that they also did a cloth diaper and rubberpants under their daughters dresses,so my daughter wasnt the only girl wearing them that day.

We made a long trip out to my aunts, on the way and after too many pops I had to pee during out car ride, Mom said if this keeps up she is putting a diaper on me. Well at our next stop mom went into the convenience store at the gas station and bought a small package of diapers, she didn't say anything about it though. An hour down the road I needed to pee again and when I said something she pulled the car over on the side of the road, mom told me to get in the back seat. I was asking why and she just said get in the back seat, as I did mom came around the car and said "What did I tell you about this" mom said lay down I am going to put diapers on you. It was to late as I was in the seat as she grabbed my legs and started pulling my pants, she reached behind her seat and that's when I seen the package of diapers. Mom then says for the rest of the trip I am wearing the diapers...

My daughter is 14 and i have been using cloth diapers and rubberpants on her for long car trips since she was 12.she doent mind wearing them and i put them on her just before we leave.I have a regular diaper bag i carry in the suv with extra diapers and rubberpants in it and i change her when she is wet.Last year when she was 13,she was the flower girl in our nieces wedding and i did the diapers and rubberpants under her poofy flowergirl dress as the ceremony was over three hours long.she was wet after the ceremony,so i took the diapers off of her and put a fresh pair of the rubberpants on her under her dress for the rest of the wedding.Then last month,on may 15,she recieved her sacrement of confirmation and had to wear a white dress and veil with tights,so i put the diapers and rubberpants on her,then the tights over them.She wet in the diapers during the ceremony,so right afterwards i took her to the restroom and started changing her when another mom and her 14 year old daughter came in and she started changing her daughters diapers also.My daughter was so relieved to know that she wasnt the only girl wearing diapers and rubberpants under her dress!

Our two daughters are 14 and 12 and not only do they wear a cloth diaper and rubberpants for car trips,they wear them under their swimsuits when we go cruising on our cabin cruiser down the river.

My two girls are 14 and 12 and they each wear a Pampers cruiser diaper in the size 7 with plastic pants over it on long car trips.They usually wet in the pampers and i take extra pampers along and change them.

Back