I have a 1990 Mitsubishi eclipse w/ turbo all stock. What parts do I need

Bryon

Jun 4, 2008
upgrade my motor to become faster?
For people like micheal out there. My car has only 80,000 miles on the body and 7 thousands on the engine. Money is not the issue I plan on spending 1500 or more. The car is not "beat up" its perfectly fine. No parts need repair or replacing just want to know what internals to add.

I don't mean to insult you, but this is the one thing you never want to see someone ask about their tuner car. PLEASE go do a lot more research on your own about the car before you decide to start modifying it. Based on the year and model of your car I'm assuming you wont have much money for repairs when you beat the poor thing up, and it will get very expensive very quickly. Join a forum for your car and just start reading about it. You'll know what mods are good and bad for your specific car.

That being said, just about every turbo car will benefit from being able to breathe better, which is why getting aftermarket turbo back exhaust, and intake are good first mods. They will not give you a significant power increase without a tune, but they are relatively safe first mods, and will be required for any future big power mods. They also have the added benefit of making the car sound much much better.

Back