Hydraulic Clutch on a 1994 Chevrolet Geo Tracker?

JeEe3

Apr 15, 2013
Info: I have a 1994 Chevy Geo Tracker (same build as the Suzuki Sidekick). The car is in excellent condition and was very well cared for. It was re-fit with a hydraulic clutch after the original was broken by the second owner who was just previous to me. When they converted to the hydraulic clutch, they made a modification and there is a button on the dashboard that you press when you turn the ignition, instead of or in conjuction with pressing the clutch.
Problem: the clutch pedal 'snapped' the other day, and is all the way to the floor now. I checked the fluid and it was not empty. I checked the line from the fluid reservoir and did not see a leak right away but will take a better look. I have read it could be the slave or master cylinder. The car runs great otherwise. She was well maintained. Any help is much appreciated! TY

I think your on the right track. The button sounds like a neutral safety switch that was a rig job. Look under your hood for a master cyl while someone else operates the clutch by hand .Inside or on the drivers side of the bellhousing for the slave cyl. fill fluid and put a clean piece of cardboard under the car and look for a leak and its location. Hope the slave cyl is on the outside of the bellhousing . Just Guessing.

Back