How should you defrost chicken breast that has already been cooked and then frozen?

gymmy

Mar 5, 2010
why would anyone want to freeze a cooked chicken breast, it's going to taste absolutely horrible when you defrost it. it will definitely be dryer than the desert, hope you have a instant gravy to go with your time saving idea.

Hi, thanks for all of your input. I have the following plan:
I am going to buy a good amount of fresh chicken breast and then bake all of it (due to time constraints).
I will then refrigerate 2 breasts and freeze the rest (I plan to eat the ones in the fridge within 3 days).
After I finish a breast, I will move one of the chicken breasts from the freezer to the fridge to defrost over time (I will still have a non-frozen one in the fridge too to eat while the other one defrosts... perpetuating a cycle of sorts).

What I am concerned about is the proper way to handle defrosting cooked chicken, I don't know if it has the same rules as defrosting uncooked chicken. Does this plan seem acceptable?

On a side-note, how would you suggest packaging the chicken breasts both in the freezer and in the fridge? Thanks so much!

Back