hi i am a big fan of karate mix martial arts and kung fu but i was wanting to know...

MreIlikePandas

Nov 2, 2011
...is it possible to learn all? styles and master them cause i really wanna be able to master each and every one of these styles and im very dedicated but you see i want a real good official trainer that will teach me good and not take my money i really like for a shaolin monk or asain instructor no offense and also i wanna be able to knock my opponenet out with one fatal kick or punch and i wanna learn samurai sword styles and im hoping this can be useful

No, it is not possible to master all styles. Or really even learn them. There are over 400 Kung Fu styles alone, about a dozen major karate systems, several different schools of Aikido and Jujitsu... Most people are lucky if they "master" one system after decades of study.

The "Shaolin Monks" these days are barely martial artists. The Chinese government killed or exiled all the authentic Buddhists in the 1950's, and the current "monks" aren't actually monks at all. They're famous for performing extraordinary physical, acrobatic feats; they're also famous for not having too much actual practical fighting skills, either.

Mixed Martial Arts is not a fighting system, it is a training and competition format. Fighters in MMA come from a variety of backgrounds and train in a number of martial arts. For example, Georges St-Pierre has a black belt in Kyokushin karate and Brazilian Jiujitsu, as well as extensive training in boxing, Freestyle wrestling, and Muay Thai; Anderson Silva has black belts in Taekwondo, Judo, and Brazilian Jiujitsu, as well as training and ranks in Hapkido, Capoeira, boxing, and Muay Thai. So you can enter MMA competition or use MMA as a training format, no matter what martial art you come from.

Wanting your teacher to be Asian is a little weird, I've gotta say. None of mine have been Asian and I've learned martial arts just fine. Are you sure you're not just watching too many movies?

With all that said, the good news is that you can learn multiple martial arts over the course of your life, including the use of the Japanese sword (Kenjutsu). The best way to start is to look in your local area for a teacher. I would suggest focusing on one martial art at first, until you're about brown/black belt level (four or five years). That will give you a point of reference from which you can start examining other martial arts.

You can't learn everything and some martial arts take one's entire life to master. Also the only close relative i have that knows A LOT is one of my uncles and he only knows 4 or 5. There are hundreds of different forms of martial arts out there you would have to be really talented to master even half of them.

It takes a lifetime of dedication to master any martial art, hell it takes about 10 years to get a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. So no, it is impossible for any one person to master every martial art, you'd be lucky if you mastered one and definitely very gifted if you could master two.

not going to go int big detail about some of the things you said but to do what you are talking about you would have to live forever mostly cause it takes roughly a human lifetime to master a single art that times the many thousand in the world and the fact that new styles are popping up and old ones disappear you may need a time machine as well

so yeah you need to be immortal and perhaps a time machine to master everything

to learn lots of things does not require that but mastery is something very different than just learning it

This is where a lot of people go wrong, they want to be masters of a lot of different styles and they want to be able to knock people out with one hit. Only problem, is that all styles take years of training to master, and even though some styles may offer a single strike to knock someone out with, there is never going to be a time, no matter how hard you train, that you will get the hit everytime, in fact, you might not be able to get it at all. Stick with one style at a time, karate is decent, but it teaches you to always stay on your feet, it may realize that going to the ground is inevitable, but they want you to stay standing at all times, same thing with kung fu. The best way to fight is to be well rounded so that you are comfortable in every scenario, whether it stays standing, goes to a clinch, or goes to the ground.

Back