Could someone recommend a good romantic manga please?

Chelsea

May 13, 2008
I'm quite fussy with my manga, so I'll try and be helpful and explain what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for a more romance based manga, that still has something going on. I've been reading loads of shojo and I can't deny that I love it, its just the typical love triangle storyline gets a bit old after awhile, so I'd prefer something where you're not constantly thinking somethings gonna break them up. I'm not against a few obstacles I'd just prefer if it wasn't a seemingly always doomed kind of thing.
I'm probably being too fussy here but I quite like a strong female lead but a kinda bad boy esque male lead as well, not a too straight laced nice guy.
Some of my favourites are Mars, Koukou Debut, Kaich? wa Maid-sama!, Elemental Gelade and I absolutely love Tora Dora (any manga with girl's like Taiga I think I'd like)
I started Vampire Knight but didn't really like it as I preferred Zero, though I didn't mind Monster Love too much so I'm not against a supernatural storyline either, though saying that I didn't finish Monster Love either.
I'd prefer it to be a long manga as well, as I hate getting into the story and it ending quickly.
Hmmm.... I can't really think of anything else that would be helpful right now, I hope this is enough to go on.
Thank you in advance to anyone that helps, its much appreciated :)

Ouran High School Host Club
7 Days (it's a short shounen-ai one shot but it's fantastic!)
Loveless
NANA (this is probably one of the best romance manga out there)
Paradise Kiss (by the same manga-ka as NANA!)
Chobits (a very unusual but heart-wrenching story by CLAMP)
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Working!!
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad (it's more music centric, but there are a few romance subplots)
Hot Gimmick
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan (awesome story)
Fruits Basket

I love shojo too :) <3 .
Here are some of my favorites .
And they all have a strong female lead and a hot bad boy male lead .

Boarding house of hunks
My boyfriend is a vampire ( gender bender )
Hadashi de Nara fume
Skip beat ( the first chapter the girl is not type u like but then something makes her go into a strong female lead , u should also watch the anime )
Love bullet
Miunohri to Swan
Become habituated to a kiss
Dengeki daisy
Shugo chara ( anime also )
L-DK
I will be Cinderella
Barajou no kiss
Kaichou wa maid sama ( anime also )
Say Say Say
Wait wolf
She's scary
Sandwich girl
Princess just for me
Love like crazy
Last kiss
Inhertiness
Girl
Forbidden kiss
For the sake of dulcinea
Love SOS
Advent of Snow White to hell

I know what you mean. The whole cliche thing is dramatic and good, but it's tiring to see the story go exactly the way you expect it to go, right?
Okay, the mangas I'm gonna recommend still has some of the cliche stuff, but the female characters are more likeable and independent.

-Heroine Shikkaku
-Diamond Beat
-Beast Master
-Dengeki Daisy
-NANA
-Inu x Boku (she's like Taiga)
-Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun
-Last Game
-Kimi no Neiro
-Switch Girl
-Ao Haru Ride
-Yumemiru Taiyou