Calling all Audiophiles! Calling all Audiophiles!?

Ryan

May 14, 2008
I have a couple of questions for the experts, that have tried both most likely. More like competitions.

Sterio system Vs Computer speakers
Apple Ihome vs cheap pair of computer speakers
Radio transmitting ipod device(car) Vs monster tape converter
Sennheiser vs Skullcandy
Sennheiser Vs higher priced brands( beats, monster, ect.)

Best brand(price sensitive) Best Brand ( regardless of price)

Additional details

Answering the question in this form will earn you 10 points and a like from me.

1. This Wins(landslide)
2. This Wins(barely)
3. and so on

A stereo system is the only way to go if you love high quality music.
Computer speakers, Apple, iPod, etc, are geared toward reproducing MP3's to sound higher in quality than they really are. Play an MP3 on a good stereo, and you'll hear what I mean.
Radio transmitting can, but not always, suffer from a limited frequency response.
Sennheiser is usually good stuff, but so are a lot of other brands, such as Sony, and I don't mean Beats,Monster,Dr. Dre ? or any of those other high priced headphones, they only enhance low end that isn't always real, and they are not worth a dime more than any reputable $100 set of phones that reproduce sound faithfully. If you desire to alter sound to suit your taste, buy an equalizer, and have at it.
For a stereo, JBL makes great sounding speakers, and Crown makes great amps, but there are plenty of brands to choose from. A good stereo isn't cheap, and can be high maintenance if you are a serious vinyl, or reel-to-reel person.
In case you couldn't tell, I abhor MP3's

Back