Alabama visits President Barack Obama in the White House yet again

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
uspw_7272086.jpg
Some inclement weather delayed Alabama's trip to the White House to visit President Barack Obama until Monday, but the BCS champion Crimson Tide made it. They knew how to get there.

This was the celebration of Alabama's third national title in four years.

"They are starting to learn their way around the White House," Obama said. "I was thinking about having some cots for them here, they're here so often. But we couldn't find any that were big enough."

Obama had some typical prepared jokes and player mentions, giving credit to center Barrett Jones and quarterback AJ McCarron, and also took time to send out prayers to the family and fans of former Alabama player, coach and athletic director Mal Moore, who passed away last month.

</p>
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Obama also gave credit to Alabama for its dominance last season, particularly in the BCS Championship Game against Notre Dame.

"At halftime it was 28-0; that's when I stopped watching," Obama said.

And Obama, who got a No. 15 jersey and helmet with No. 15 on it to signify Alabama's 15 national titles, acknowledged that this probably isn't the last time the Crimson Tide will come see him.

"Since I'll be around for four more football seasons, I expect I just might see these guys again before I leave," Obama said.

- - -
Want to join the conversation? Hit us up on Twitter @YahooDrSaturday and be sure to "Like" Dr. Saturday on Facebook for football conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.

Back