Why does my cat stalk and hunt me like prey?

S

Stephanie S

She is a long haired calico, and weighs somewhere around 15 pounds. She watches me form a distances like a lion on the hunt. Then out of nowhere she latches on my butt while she bites me.I guess it would be to watch but it really hurts.

hah weird. My cat does that too, only doesn't actually hurt...I know when my cat does it, she's just playing. Your cat is probably just playing, I don't think she's trying to hurt you...

She is using you as replacement for the prey she would hunt in the wild.

Also she is playing with you. You probably laugh and run around with her alot, so she has got the idea that you like it!

She is playing with you. My cat will run ahead of me and hide behind a corner or a chair or something then jump out and swat at me or grab my ankle and bite it. Sometimes he will just be sitting on the back of the chair when I walk by next think I know he is smacking my legs chasing behind me.

If you figure this out, let me know. I have
a cat who attacks our family and our dogs.
She goes for the back of the legs or the underparts of our male dogs. I can't believe how restrained the dogs are! She attacked our neighbor's pit bull twice, since the dog didn't attack her the first time. Have you whapped her? Or turn and hiss and clap your hands when she charges you?
I have had cats all my life and never one like this. If my daughter weren't attached, this cat would be gone.

The cat I have is disappointed and redoubles her attacks if she doesn't make you bleed. She's mean.

maybe shes trying to play or get ur attention cuz u dont play with her enough, u have to teach her not to this, (a squirt of water works best) then play with her in other ways like my cats looooooooove laseer lights, just shine it on the floor and theyyll chase and stalk it... not you.

Back