Fiat car, possible rust help!?

Lex

May 14, 2008
I recently purchased a car on the 7th of jan this year, I dont know why i didnt notice it sooner (otherwise i would of gone straight back to the dealer!) but ive recently noticed on the interior of my car (ceiling) I have brown spots coming through and its spreading, people ive spoken to speculate that it is rust is there anything i can do/use to get rid of it? All I've done so far is rub it with a damp cloth, nothings changed & I haven't done anymore as I don't want to do more bad than good!
nope, dont smoke, never have!

If this was a USED car, then it's possible that the previous owner was a smoker, and the tar & nicotine stains that penetrated into the headliner fabric are coming back down... OR the car could have been flood damaged and the rust that has built up on the unprotected sheet metal is showing through.

Either way, I'd take it back to the dealership where I bought the car and politely ask them to inspect the stains and offer a possible solution.

If it's coming from the roof panel then trying to clean the headliner won't help, the headliner needs to come out to see what's happening to the metal underneath. That doesn't sound like a good deal, since you just bought the car.

Back