Fiat punto 1.2 sporting 16V 'W' reg gear information?

kyle

May 15, 2008
Hi there, ive recently bought a new car and i drive it for the first time yesterday (sunday) and when i change from 3rd to 2nd (gears) it crunch it sometimes does it when i change from 1st to 2nd but very rarely but my step-mum had a VW Golf sport and she said it done the exact same thing and there was nothing wrong with it, is there something wrong with it or am i just going to fast for the gear? i was going around 15 mph.
Also, I am a learner driver and it done the exact same thing a couple of times with my dad driving but he's used to driving a faster car is this why?
please help me???!!!!!!
is the 'latter' expensive? also the car has just had an M.O.T about 2 weeks ago does that mean anything?

Blipping the accelerator on a down-shift hasn't been necessary on a car for about 40 years since the widespread introduction of full syncromesh gearboxes.

Either you're not pushing the clutch down far enough or the gearbox is worn. On a 14 year old Punto I'd suspect the latter.

You may well be going too fast for the lower gear and/or not blipping the accelerator on the downchange

Back