Possible symptoms of HIV? Please help!?

lovinglux

Nov 30, 2012
Are a cold (sore throat, sneeze, dry cough, runny nose), strep throat, a yeast infection, a uti, white streaks on tonsils (not tonsil stones), change in vaginal discharge (white, thick with egg-like smell) symptoms of HIV? I've experienced these all in the last 6 months since a possibly contact with the virus. I'm going to get tested soon and I'm extremely scared and paranoid and is possibly considering suicide if I am positive

I don't know. I do know that HIV is much more treatable these days, and that if we're ever going to get a cure (which is likely), we are closer than ever before.

Recombinase engineers such as Marshall Stark of the University of Glasgow are specifically trying to engineer recombinases which will splice out HIV genomes which have integrated into cells, thus curing the cells (and the person) of HIV.

There is also the bone marrow transplant therapy which poses significant hope (especially in combination with the recombinase therapy - you could have your own, cured, stem cells back).

And here are more: I can't post links, so Google "The Possible Future Of HIV Treatment – Part 1: New Antiretrovirals And New Strategies (CROI 2011)"

So if it turns out you do have HIV, please don't consider suicide. AIDS is no longer a death sentence, or something which will make you pariah. And within the next 5 to 15 years it looks likely it'll be curable.

Google "symptoms+of+hiv"

Back