anyone think germany will try to take over again?

Jeff

May 12, 2008
I mean they have already proved that they want to control europe. Holy roman empire, WWI, WWII, etc.

anyone else a bit weary that they are now bailing out europe, and sitting pretty on a pile of cash. I mean they could technically call the shots here for a while, right?

I'm not being an alarmist, I'm just saying, people used to beware of greeks bearing gifts, but what about germany doing favors?
i never said anything about hitler or war. Sweet remark about obama too, you idiot. Id rather have a NWA than a gay-bashing retard who treats science like santa clause, a la GOP.

Back to reality, I was just talking about economic exploitation that is bound to occur, war breaking out between first world nations would be super extreme, but Germany could totally make them their "slaves," and reap all the benefits.

Think about portugal and brazil, spain and the rest of south america, the world and africa or southeast asia. If i was in that position I would definitely be trying to work that out.
oh you simpletons, why do you always jump to war, quit living in the last century. Its all about global economic exploitation now.
DO YOU IDIOTS READ?????????????????????????? how many times do I have to say, I'm not talking about war, so quit bringing up military presence, "THE U.S. has blah blah many troops ready." The fact is they would all be ready to give Hitler a reach-around if he was willing to bail out their worthless debt.
really??? another war answer, wow, i guess americans are as worthless as everyone thinks, they sure know how to talk, but apparently they can't read a damn word
i hate all of you

No. America is filling the role of Nazi germany. Unlike hitler America actually has a powerful military and the worlds best economy. Like Nazi Germany we have a ton of toatlitarian powerhungry evil leaders. At all elevels of government these people are fascists and want to control every aspect of life to food you can eat without being attacked to how to take care of your health to what you can say about the government or its officials. America probably won't holocaust the jews again thankfully but in the last decade the government has destroyed the lives of 10's of millions in the mideast and central asia. over 2 million refugees in Iraq, Hundreds of thoudands dead in Iraq and Afghanistan, assassinating oposing political ideoligies for thought crime. Even former strong Obama supporters like Louis Farakan realize Obama is just another murdering fascist in office!

Germany is not 'sitting on a pile of cash'. Their situation is better than most European countries, but that does not give them some great power to exploit the continent or the EU. They are working to help Italy and Greece for their OWN benefit, not the Italians or the Greeks. Stability is what they need, not control over other countries. They aren't idiots, they know this.

Germany, like Italy was rather late to form a "country" out of its baronies and earldoms. By the time it got its domestic political ducks in a row, the colonial period was mature and all the good colonies were taken. Germany basically had Russia and had to deal with an entrenched oligarchy and limited opportunities to expand in Russia. The rest of the world belonged to Britain, France, Belgium, and Spain. So, being shut out of sources of raw materials and the rest of Europe feeling disinclined to share, 1915 Germany felt it had no survival options open to it short of war.

War reparations and the requirement that they be paid in gold bullion caused tremendous socio-economic hardships in Germany aandthey had no alternative but to renounce the war debt, from WWI.

Economics drive wars, and with the collapse of colonialism, and Germany's ability to thrive with nneocolonialism even post colonialism removes much of the impetus for German militarism. Unless Italy doesn't get its economic house in order soon.

No,
there are no countries anymore..just corporations..look at the last two wars.. Iraq and afghanistan

Not traditional wars..more like corporate takeovers

You're retarted. The U.S. has 80,000 troops in Germany ever since the end of WW2. And the Germans already get enough sh*t about ww2 to this day. starting a war would ruine their economy and every other european nation's. It's not in their culture either

I am Brazilian and I understand YOUR point of view. The USA dominated South America economically, coincident after the attacks the Twin Towers on September 11 the USA loosened the economical domain on South America and it was possible the economical blooming of Brazil. We didn't worry about Germany, but we are severely concerned with China. They has power and it is economically solid to dominate the world, on that moment that the USA are economically more and more fragile China is solid. The USA live of royalty and invented products and of patents of medicines. The great problem is that China doesn't respect patents and falsifies everything. They are not a market economy, and like them doesn't have for beginning the respect the rules they can everything, look around and how many times see you will read in a product MADE IN USA, MADE IN GERMANY, and MADE IN CHINA.

They are a well organized, well educated country surrounded by disorganization [Italy, Greece, Spain and Portugal] ... and corruption [Russia and the old eastern block countries].

Whilst the 'victors' ... like the US and UK,of the last world war have been wasting money on expensive armies and wars [Falklands, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan etc] Germany has powered ahead ... it has rebuilt itself, its economy is very sound, its education system and health systems are top notch, its workers work hard are paid well and not exploited by big greedy corporations ... I say that Germany is having the last laugh ... !

yes, I think eventually Germany will get sick of being Mr.Nice Person while the rest of Europe borrows money and never pays it back. Then they will say 'ok, Germany makes the rules from now on'.

Germany France and the UK control Europe. I doubt Germany would attempt to take over Europe again they do not have the Military for it.

How ever Germany and France are essentially taking over Europe via the Euro and what not.. Look at the power they have over Greece right now. They are essentially telling Greece what to do to be able to continue to be a part of the Euro and the EU.

There are more ways to dominate a continent. Although war was one of them it is not practical. They are the country that is most financially sound whats with Italy, Greece and even France isn't doing as well as it could. Evn today, Germany could have their way with the EU if they were to decide to do so.
I didn't read all the comments but Germany did want to take over in WW I but it was Hitler and the Nazis that wanted world domination and duped the German people into following (they were in a severe depression and would vote for anyone who promised better times). z

You should NEVER hate anyone, dude. That's one of the reasons that Germany started WARS - because of their pompous hatred of everyone and everything else!

No more hatred, you hear? Stop it NOW!

Think LOVE...

...you seriously can not tell everyone to not make a "war" answer when you yourself initially brought up WWI WWII ETC...Germany never wanted to control Europe in WWII...they were down on their luck after WWI and its horrible treaty that divi'ed up Germany's former self...and left them with piles of cash that didn't mean jack...Hitler came along and united Germany to fortify Germany once again to it's former glory days and put the blame on others instead of Germany itself. Many people, with nothing left, would serve under him because of the false hope he gave. In the end, he killed himself.

They HAVE taken over .... the car market.

Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche .... They are leading all.

Seaming as you are not speaking of war do you mean economically then? Germany gave money because they finally realized that if they don't the whole European economy may fall apart. It is all connected; like a spiderweb. While you may think we are all simpletons, your the one asking for our opinions.

Back