anyone think germany will try to take over again?

I think they learned their lesson after the first two times.
I'd be more worried about the middle East if I were you. After all religion is very formidable opponent.

They already do almost.

Germany, China, Russia and India are the only countries with a realistic chance of taking over when America defaults next year.

As long as the US military has European bases I would say it's highly unlikely, and even if the US were to pull all troops out of all foreign countries tomorrow, we would likely see the BRIC countries become regional powers. With the USA being the North American power, Brazil being the South American Power, Russia being the European power, and India and China being the Asian powers. So either way it's unlikely Germany will be the European power, but more likely Russia.
EDIT- uncaught grammar error.

World War 2 was caused by World War 1. The circumstances in today's world will not allow for a single country in Europe to dominate the rest of the continent.
Manipulation of currency is more difficult and the fluctuation of monetary values will not allow one or even two countries to control the rest of the countries.
I believe more in Friedman who thought that purchase value would level off once price supports and tariffs were eliminated, which in turn would not allow one area to dominate all of the others.

the short answer to your question is no.for a number of reasons.1)we have a large military presence in their country.2) they have a great sense of remorse for their part in the horror that their actions created.that sounds simplistic,but it is true.their national shame is a very real thing,and starting a war is the last thing on there minds.also remember the devastation that they had to endure.there country still shows signs of the hell that rained down on them by virtually every nation on the planet.

No, Germany didn't try and take over the world to begin with.

-mostly it was defending itself and it's people. When they invaded Poland, which essentially started the war, it was only to reclaim it's territory and the people that resided within it.

You can call me a liar but an accurate look at history, if your capable of that, will show you the truth.

Now, I don't advocate this site since all media can be corrupted by bias but it will get you started if you're actually interested in the TRUTH and not what the idiotic public school systems "teach" you.

http://www.johndclare.net/RoadtoWWII3_HitlerInvadesPoland.htm

Certainly they could. Their backs are against the wall once again and we all know what happens when Germany starts that kind of thinking. I'm a GOPer and I take umbrage to your comment about gay bashing. You don't know me and have no right to make that assumption.

Wait, when did Spain move to South America?

Germany has profited much more from being a peaceful trader than being a conqueror. What you call "economic exploitation" I call peaceful trading. They wield political control over nobody. Yes, the EU has tried to consolidate into a political union, but that wasn't Germany's agenda. That was Brussels and France.

The Euro was setup as a peaceful way to avoid conflict. The major supporter as well as backer financially of the Euro Zone is Germany. Germany is trying its hardest to forget about their past and to move on, result being their the only one holding onto having a one currency.

Do I think its odd that Germany came out as number one and is in the position of bailing out other economies?

No.

Do I think at one point Germany thought of dominating other nations through economic gains?

No.

At the end its just the result of Germany having a strong economy and fixed budget while other nation did not. Instead of going to war, like the rest of Europe Germany focused on their industry(Audi, BWM, VW, etc), while at the same time looking for ways to improve and build their nation.

Its just the result of having good thinking on their part instead of doing what everyone else did, go to an expensive and heavy costly war.

Think of it as, after school while everyone was following the popular kid (USA) around the block for his daily adventures neglecting their requirements, Germany stayed home and finished their homework.

They don't have an army capable of doing didly ........

Not that the rest of the world would even bother stopping them from building an army. Look at Iran, The world is sitting still while they plan the killing of Americans and Israeli's.

But Germans are only interested in Germany today. They learnt enough from madmen

in the economic sense YES, they are the only reason why the Euro is still worth something, germany will come out big if EU makes it threw.

Back