Name that YA Sci-fi book about a girl who almost dies in a car crash and is

Ocelot

Oct 9, 2011
transferred to an artifical body? I can't for the life of me remember who wrote it or what it's called, but it's about a girl in a futuristic world who's body is mangled in a car crash. She almost dies, but they scan her brain and put the information in a life-like but artificial corpse. Thank you so much if you can help me find either what this book is called or who wrote it.

reminds me of The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson.
In the not-too-distant future, when biotechnological advances have made synthetic bodies and brains possible but illegal, a seventeen-year-old girl, recovering from a serious accident and suffering from memory lapses, learns a startling secret about her existence.

tbh, i actually haven't read it yet, but it sounds similar to what you're looking for. and plus, i heard it's good :)

and if you're into the whole body swap thing, the Airhead series by Meg Cabot is amazing!
Sixteen-year-old Emerson Watts, an advanced placement student with a disdain for fashion, is the recipient of a "whole body transplant" and finds herself transformed into one of the world's most famous teen supermodels.

it's a great chick-flick-ish book and if you love Meg Cabot, definitely give it a try.

Back