help me choose between bmw 128i vw gti volvo c30 acura tsx civic si mazda mx5 miata?

navida1

Feb 18, 2009
Test drove and looking at the following vehicles to be my new daily driver. Looking to finance 36 mo with 5k down maybe 1-2k on trade-in so looking for 25-32k price. Of course this is an apples to oranges question, but I want to hear arguments the dealers haven't made so I'm looking for the internet's perspective on each. All comments are welcome. I'm just looking to hear something I haven't heard before.

Choices are:

BMW 128i coupe
Volvo C30
Acura TSX
Mazda MX5 Miata
Honda Civic SI
Volkswagen GTI

Cars I did NOT like-- Mini Cooper, Lexus IS250, Mazda 3speed, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Any Scion, Nissan, Ford, or Chevrollette. In other words most anything not on this list has been probably been tried and not liked.

My story

Ok so I am a single male 30, no kids looking for my first new car. I will miss my 98 Civic hatch for sure, it has been my constant companion from high school all the way through grad school. 180,000 miles later it has seen seven states, two countries, and maybe hundreds of unique individuals. But its time has come and now I'm looking for a car that shows I have grown, yet is still pleasing to drive, and affordable to maintain. Reliability in general isn't as much a concern but cost of repairs is. Above all though is looks then driveablilty. Not looking to have kids anytime soon so it only needs to be fun for two.

And I will NOT be modding any car so take that out of the equation. Resale value does not matter much either as I will be buying new and if it all works out, will own it for life.
also no mustangs, muscle cars, or used cars, stick to the list. all responses are valid and welcome.

Back