Why do my fellow Christians on answers.yahoo keep attacking atheists?

SoldierofGod

Mar 18, 2009
These rabid believers clash with atheists knowing perfectly well that they are helpless to alter the ideological perceptions of their perceived foe. Why then, do Christians choose to partake of this exchange of bad blood? Because they're angry and they're frightened? Are they angry because atheists have the nerve to indirectly challenge our insecurely-held beliefs with our continued existence. Or are They frightened because they fear that they're losing their foothold on the theocratic monopolization of America (school prayer, Christian-oriented legislature, etc.)... an officially secular country?

When will we realize we're all stuck on this big ball together and we must work to set aside our differences and build a better future, because it's all that there is. That doesn't sound at all like the monstrous picture that's recently been smeared here by certain self-proclaimed loving Christians.

Well, actually, the 'attacks' go both ways, as far as I can see.
A lot of Christians call us (meaning atheists) immoral, slanderous dogs, while a lot of atheists call them uneducated children who believe in a magical pixie in the sky.
No one really starts it, it just happens when someone decides to be a dick.
There are some questions, however, that seem like direct attacks or accusations about ones religion when it is just a direct question, and then the opposite party gets offended or feel victimized and the slander starts again.

As much as I'd like to defend my fellow atheists, it really is both of our faults.

Please don't use the word "attack", when that is not what you actually mean. What you mean is verbal abuse, not cavalry-charge.

you are talking such BS!!! your avatar name said "Soldier of Satan" a few minutes ago! Don't think you're fooling anyone!

Honestly Yahweh, that's who you pagans call God, stated people are free to believe whatever they want but your choices always carry consequences so with that in mind party hard in this life because it's all you got to look forward too

Proverbs 26v4,5 ....... http://niv.scripturetext.com/proverbs/26.htm
Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you will be like him yourself.
Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes.

Philippians 1v17,18 .............. http://bible.cc/philippians/1-18.htm
The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Good question - I don't know the answer, but I think you already do. It makes perfect sense. Thumbs up and kudos to you for being logical and sensible and still compassionate in your conclusions.

Atheists are far from helpless. I think it would be good for a little respect.

I think it is true many believers are threatened by us atheists as we do challenge beliefs and ideas they do not like questioned.

Back