Spiritually speaking, do you think that people take their religion and...

Huhm

Jun 3, 2008
...themselves too seriously? I've been to a few teachings on Death and the hell realms and all sorts of intense things, and in the midsts of these very serious texts, the Lama will chuckle or grin broadly at completely random times. I've always appreciated this, but I'm not like that at all.

Are you able to laugh at your religion or lack of? And non-spiritually, do you take yourself that seriously in other areas?

Some people yes.. but that's their choice and it doesn't affect my life one bit!

We should take God seriously and ourselves? better if we simply ignore self serving considerations.

If it was all baloney then they would be taking things too seriously, but hell is very real, so is heaven, so theyre not speaking baloney, and so theyre not taking themselves and their religion too seriously. They are doing what God expects them to do.

And GOD BLESS them!!

Most people take themselves more seriously than their religions and rightly so.After all.it's they who shall be carrying the burden of a myth all their lives as if it is truer than truth itself.

Back