Why do you think people are so trapped in their religions?

matthewsilence

Oct 2, 2011
does it give people a sense of purpose?
do they feel empty without a group to belong to?
does it give them a feeling of superiority over other people who are not religious?
Is it because there consciousness is so low that they cannot see beyond there own limited beliefs?
- If we look at animals like birds, why do you think pigeons always flock together but eagles fly alone?
and Pigeons are the lowest type of birds yet eagles are the superior bird species......
Have you ever heard the story of how darkness wanted to control man so it invented the religion?
it goes like this: Darkness wanted to control man, so it invented religion. It was a belief system that would control peoples minds, hearts, souls and cause them to kill for this belief, all in the name of love/god. It would manipulate anyone who fell into it thus creating more power for the darkside. It would cause man to separate itself into groups based on religion. It would teach people how to look down on others who were not of that belief. It would teach people how to live in fear of death and the unknown because of the concepts of heaven and hell, and it would cause people to keep themselves locked in the psychological structure of the religion.
Do you think an all loving being like god would create a system that separates people based on belief and then allow anyone into it who accepted that belief? It would seem more like a darker type entity would invent such a system. It is just in my opinion that people who are actually "spiritual" do not associate or belong to any type of religious systems and it is only those people who want to "act" like they are spiritual that belong to religions. Im sure all the highly intelligent and enlightened people on here will have something loving and kind to say........

Exactly what waka flaka said. Fear of death. For some reason people cant comprehend the idea of not existing and insist that there must be something when you die. That plus the coincidences that happen in their lives they think is some kind of divine intervention and there must be a god that gives them purpose.

Fear of burning in hell forever after they die. If "god" was real and sent me to heaven no matter how I lived, I would think that he's a disgusting tyrant who acts just like hitler. But since I'm going to burn in hell forever, OH THANK YOU ALMIGHTY GOD.

Back