Which do you prefer? American, Japanese, or Western European Car Manufacturers?

Mar 19, 2009
I know it's a random question, but I was just wondering. This is sort of a poll.

Personally, I think that American cars (on average) suck! I mean compared to the Japanese cars like Nissan, Toyota, and Honda and Western European cars like BMW. Audi. Mercerdes, Ferrari. Renault, etc.

So far I've owned 1 german car (now), 3 japanese cars, 3 american cars (maybe more). I like the Japanese cars the best. They are the most dependable in the LONG run.

German cars are very nice when new. But once the warranty runs out the maintenance cost is EXTREMELY expensive (like 3 time more for everything - or more).

American cars (especially Chrysler) are kind of junky

good Luck....

i like american and european cars. i guess i just like a vehicle with a V8 engine in it... I hate hondas because there are so many of them that are loud. toyotas are just plain ugly, nissan is ok, i still wouldn't buy one. Audi is nice but would only buy s5, BMW is nice and I would take a couple of their cars, Mercedes is nice and I would take any of their cars. Ferrari takes way too much maintenence, Renault isn't in america so i have no opinion. Ford is ok, i like the f150, flex, and fusion. GM is favorite car company, Love the pontiac G8 gt/gxp, love the cts-v and sts-v, half-ton trucks are great, corvette is phenomenal, though i do admit they can't make a good small car other than cobalt ss. I like the srt cars from chrysler other than the caliber.

American junk? we have 15 year old corvette that is driven daily with no problems. buick just took first in jd power dependability survey, and everybody knows GM shares a ton of parts from car to car so that award would carry over to other brands.

So far I've owned 1 german car (now), 3 japanese cars, 3 american cars (maybe more). I like the Japanese cars the best. They are the most dependable in the LONG run.

German cars are very nice when new. But once the warranty runs out the maintenance cost is EXTREMELY expensive (like 3 time more for everything - or more).

American cars (especially Chrysler) are kind of junky

good Luck....

Back