Would it be fair if I tell my kid that God isn't real in the future?

StrikeEagle

Sep 30, 2011
I am not an adult yet but just asking is it fair if I declare that God isn't real to my kid in the future?
Just as how Christian parents indoctrinate the belief of God being real to their kids?
@Zombie
This is showing double-standards of some Christians and Atheists
@Ewe Dontnome
I never once condemned indoctrination of children despite being an Atheist so I see no hypocrisy in that
Anyway this question is to expose the double-standards of both Christians and Atheists

can you prove god isnt real? if you can tell them the easter bunni is real and stan clus is real? why would stop them for beliefing in the god who made you 1 john 2:18
look it up also read form 18 down

18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the[a] Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

1john2:22
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

no its not

christian parents are correct god is real

telling your child something is not real when it is is not fair as you put it

Academia states that in the absence of proof of the existence of something it must be deemed not to exist until verifiable proof is found - thus god is held not to exist pending some sort of verifiable evidence.

The bible is what is called "Faction" A fictional story set in a factual time and place. Thus the time, place and real historical characters are all correct but the fictional characters and stories are not!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

The Roman Emperor Constantine produced the bible and he was a pagan not god! He took the Jewish religion, organized it into Christianity and then into the Holly Roman Catholic Church!! Not in Israel or any of the countries of supposed origin but entirely ITALIAN!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

What a wonder full disinformation and deception campaign he waged against his Jewish enemies by turning them into his invented Christianity - so good in fact that Christians are still following the deception to this day!

The first person to provide a shred of verifiable evidence for God will become world famous and mega rich! Ain't happened yet and it never will!

So how does this primitive belief survive? The answer is simple and very down to Earth

Acceptance of a supernatural claim tends to promote cooperative social relationships. This communication demonstrates a willingness to accept, without skepticism, the influence of the speaker in a way similar to a child's acceptance of the influence of a parent. By encouraging this kind of behavior where the most intense social relationships occur it facilitates the lack of skepticism and deters more open minded thinking.

They are christian, Muslim or the other religions depending where they were born simply because they were indoctrinated by their parents as very young children. They will go on to indoctrinate their own children and those will go on to indoctrinate their grandchildren!

Atheists have the intellect to see through the conditioning and escape into the real world!

Agnostics have the intellect to see through the conditioning but lack the courage to throw of the conditioning entirely.

Sadly Christians, muslims and others are still held firmly prisoner by the self perpetuating brainwashing!

God's very real people are living souls made from his energy nothing can separate God from his
children ever.

If I have a child, I'll tell him/her both sides of the argument and let them decide on their own.

Just tell your kid what I plan on telling my kid,

"God might exist and he might not exist, and at this point in time, there is no way anyone can possibly give you the correct answer to the God question....you're just going to have to figure out that question all on your own".

You have to tell it like it is.

There is absolutely no evidence for a God. Proving or disproving a God is like trying to prove unicorn or leprechaun exists. There comes a certain point and time where you need to pop the training wheels off.

Its a really hard question when you include the word "fair".

Believers will say "let your child decide" as a sort of "they will see the true way", and non believers will say let the child decide, with the same ulterior motive.

Well fine, that means you must educate your child concerning the both sides of the track so to speak, and that's equally for and against the existence of God.

Churches are factories of faith, whether the faith is true or untrue, it's true to them, and therefore so it is, true, it is a belief, therefore to them fact, and therefore it's not that it's a fact, therefore belief, because that doesn't make sense.

But having a belief gives people, a hope, warmth, and with other believers a sense of family, so let's leave them alone, and not judge them as inferior/mislead.
I do have a belief, so I am a "believer" therefore an equal to any other person who has a belief, or non belief for that matter.

Let your child be who they are,instead of trying to make them a carbon of you,he/she their lifes path is their own,so don't write in the slate of anthers life,their pages are sincerely their own,no matter what you do or say.

Your problem is one that has been faced by many, evidence. Lack of evidence proves exactly nothing, just as hearsay proves exactly nothing. Carl Sagan said about life in the universe, that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Meaning, that just because there is no evidence FOR life elsewhere in the universe does not mean there is NO life elsewhere. Sorry, you can not claim there is no god without facing the same standard of proof that the people who claim there is a god have to face. The major claim of each and every religion is that there is a god. It is incumbent on the one making the claim to show evidence to support the claim as TRUE, not on the rest of us to prove the claim is FALSE. When you claim there is no god, you face the same conundrum, of showing evidence to support your claim as TRUE. Otherwise, you are JUST AS BAD as the bible thumpers in making claims without substance.

Yes, it would. You aren't pushing any belief system on them, you just tell him that you don't think God exists, and he can decide what he wants.

Back